FlexMed No Needles. No Blood. No Pain.
Core Value Extension
- Discovery of Flexmed's unique method for membrane permeabilization to access interstitial fluid (ISF)
transdermally enables measurement of substances in the body without pain, blood or skin puncture.
These are some of the areas our core technology can be applied:
Monitor of Bio-Function
In addition to glucose, biomarkers such as bilirubin, urea, and others can be monitored for indication of liver and
kidney function. Body levels of lactic acid, potassium, bicarbonate, and pH also provide critical information about
health condition of the subject that can improve or even save lives.
Alcohol and Drug Abuse
- Compounds such as alcohol, anabolic steroids, Hydrocodone, and others could be instantly measured by the same transdermal
ISF extraction and fluidic system. Flexmed has received a grant from the NIH to develop alcohol sensing, and will
expand the platform to include other drugs in the future.
- Imagine the value of instantaneous screening for pathogen markers in the event of a global pandemic such as the recent
bird flu. Screening of visitors through airports or schools could protect the safety of our citizens and our children.
Military personnel could be protected by routine monitoring for chemical or biological exposure.
Drug Administration and Verification
- Proper dosage of pharmaceuticals presents challenge for doctors because patients are different and have different drug
uptake and metabolic rates. Monitoring these compounds in the body would be a useful tool, assuring the body level is
- Exciting possibilities become real opportunities when new discoveries are applied to old problems. These are some of
the areas we will apply our membrane permeabilization technology in the future:
Continuous Real-Time Analyte Monitoring and Transmission of Results
Transdermal Drug Delivery